Monday, July 30, 2012

The Courage To Stand Still

"Now then, stand still and see this great thing the Lord is about to do before your eyes! 
1 Samuel 12:16


Saw this verse this morning on Facebook that a friend had posted. Some days it is hard to wait on something expectantly when you've been waiting for so long. However this verse reminds me that God's got this. He goes before me and is working out all the details in advance. My job is to pray through and trust Him. The past two years have grown me in ways I never thought possible. Still have a long way to go but I am thankful for this time because it has stretched me and caused me to have to put my trust ONLY in my Father. I've also been thinking about my girl a lot lately and pray for her safety and to feel loved. Verse for today on my bible app was 2 Samuel 7:28-29 "And now, Master God, being the God you are, speaking sure words as you do, and having just said this wonderful thing to me, please, just one more thing: Bless my family; keep your eye on them always. You've already as much as said that you would, Master God! Oh, may your blessing be on my family permanently!" Love this...so thankful that He's got His eye on her. So as I wait to lay my eyes on her for the first time I can stand still, cause He's got this! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS