Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Long time coming....

It's been about 4 years since I last stepped foot on the continent of Africa while on a Mission Trip with my church. On that trip to South Africa was when God truly began planting the seed of adoption on mine and Ryan's hearts. Little did I know that the next time I visited this beautiful place called Africa it would be to meet my daughter. It's been a long road with lots of ups and downs but I know without a doubt that the journey has molded and shaped me for my greater good. There are so many emotions as I type this. Tomorrow we leave for Ethiopia and I am still trying to grasp what is about to take place. For the last 2 1/2 years not a day has gone by that we haven't prayed over and thought about our sweet girl. One of the first gifts Nara ever received was a frame from her Grandma Tammy. She gave it to us not long after we started this process so we could hang it in her room. The frame has a saying on it which reads..."Before I knew you, I loved you." This saying couldn't be more true. Now it is hanging on her wall with this sweet picture in it. 




I have died everyday waiting for youDarling don't be afraid I have loved youFor a thousand yearsI'll love you for a thousand more
One step closer....next stop Ethiopia! 

1 comment:

 
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS